Saturday, October 4, 2008

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens......

A few years ago Shelby gave me Oprah's 20th Anniversary Collection for Christmas....I think we watched the entire set of DVDs on Christmas Day! Almost every time she came over, that's what we did.....watched Oprah! I especially love her "Favorite Things" show, but it inspired me to do the same thing for my friends. The first year I gave them baskets filled with some of my favorite things: A Wusthof Santoku knife, Aromatique Cinnamon Cider scented oil, samples of Clinque moisturizer (courtesy of Clinique), Lindor truffles, among other things. Last year I drove myself nuts trying to design a cookbook with my "favorite recipes" for my Christmas Favorite Things gift. I knew the kids would love it since they no longer lived at home. But designing a cookbook and figuring out how to print and bind it to look nice was getting quite difficult. I was watching the Today Show one morning and they were giving some great ideas for Christmas gifts......one of them was a cookbook! You just go to Tastebook.com and type in your recipes, add your pictures and they send a beautiful cookbook with the tabs for each section and the recipes.....they look gorgeous! You can add up to 100 recipes.....it was close to Christmas, so I only added 50 at the time, but you can go back in and complete the rest of them and they will send them to you to hand out to everyone. You even get to pick out your own cover! Here's what mine looks like:

I think this is such a great idea.........you could ask everyone in your family for their favorite recipes and put them all into one book! You don't have to buy the book to enjoy the recipes....you can "share" them with others.

I will be posting some of my favorite recipes from the book at my newest blog, Aprons Required. In fact, cooking on the stove right now is the next entry, Pasta e Fagioli!!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment